Aloha Polers, it's FINALLY FRIDAY!!!! And it's also Fitness Fridays as well:)! Today's Fitness Friday's topic is actually a great Pilates move called Leg Circles! Leg Circles will benefit you by strengthening your legs and increase mobility in your hips. For this move you will need a mat to lay on since it starts on your back and....hmmm........you! Both check, let's get started!
- Start laying on your back with your spine in a neutral position and both legs extended straight on the floor. Make sure that your back is not arched and also not pressed against the floor. The neutral position for your spine is when it is right between arched and touching the floor. In the neutral spine position your should be able to slide your hand right under the middle of your back.
- Lift the left leg straight up towards the ceiling as if pointing to the clouds.
- Breathe naturally as you make or draw a circle with your left leg.
- Continue to breathe naturally as you lower your leg leg back to the floor.
- Breathe naturally and lift your right leg into the air pointing towards the ceiling.
- Breathe naturally as you draw circles on the ceiling with your toes.
- Draw 10 circles with each leg.
During this move make sure to keep your leg straight. If you cannot have your leg completely perpendicular to the floor, it is okay to have it at an angle or a bit lower.
Have fun with this move and have a great Friday!